Dr. Sean Jochims graduated medical school with the prestigious Rick Wartgow Award for dedication to medicine. He also received Excellence in Teaching Awards as chief resident in neurology at the Medical College of Wisconsin.
After completing his neurology residency and fellowship in clinical neurophysiology, he brought his specialized expertise to Waukesha County and the local community hospitals. There he helped develop the epilepsy monitoring units at Waukesha Memorial Hospital. He was also the first in the community to offer ambulatory EEG and video EEG monitoring.
In 2001, he became the first neurologist in Waukesha County to offer Botox therapy for movement disorders such as hemifacial spasm, blepharospasm, torticollis, limb dystonias and spasticity. He now offers Botox for migraine headache management, as well.
In 2009, Dr. Jochims founded Neurological Wellness Clinic with the focus on outpatient neurological illness, neurophysiology and sleep medicine. Neurological Wellness Clinic is the only medical clinic to offer CPAP therapy directly to patients. The comprehensive sleep services include initial evaluation, in-lab or at-home sleep testing and CPAP therapy. Dr. Jochims is also closely allied with local dentists specializing in sleep dentistry.
Having earned board certification in three subspecialty areas of medicine allows him to more effectively treat patients with many neurological and sleep issues.
- Medical School: Medical College of Wisconsin
- Internship/Internal Medicine: Northwestern University
- Clinical Neurophysiology Fellowship: Rush Presbyterian/St. Luke’s Medical Center, Chicago
- Participant at Atlanta School of Sleep Medicine
- American Academy of Neurology Sports Concussion Conference: 3 days, Chicago, IL (2013 & 2016)
- UCLA Comprehensive Review of Neurology Conference, Los Angeles, CA (2015)
- Atlanta School of Sleep Medicine, Atlanta, GA (2012)
- Stanford Comprehensive Review of Sleep Medicine, Las Vegas, NV (2005)
- America Board of Neurology and Psychiatry, Diplomate
- American Board of Clinical Neurophysiology, Diplomate
- American Board of Sleep Medicine
- Neurological Wellness Clinic
- Waukesha Memorial Hospital
- Prohealth Solutions
- Accountable Care Organizations
- National Epilepsy Foundation, International Headache Society
- Wisconsin Neurological Society
- American Academy of Neurology
- American Academy of Sleep Medicine
- Medical College of Wisconsin
Clinical Neurophysiology fellowship
- RUSH Presbyterian/St. Luke’s Medical Center, Chicago
Dr. Sean Jochims
Dr. Jochims is a board-certified neurologist providing comprehensive care to patients with concussions; epilepsy; Parkinson’s disease, nerve and muscle disease; sleep apnea; headaches and migraines; and back and neck pain.
“I truly enjoy and feel privileged to be a physician. I am fortunate to meet many people and apply my knowledge to diagnose and treat their problems. Believing each patient has a voice and decision in their health care, my goal is to help each patient achieve his or her optimal health.”
~ Sean Jochims, MD
“I always have a successful visit to Dr. Jochim’s office. The staff is wonderful, on top of all the details and my time is well spent. There is little to no time wasted there. I am seen within minutes of my scheduled appointment and although my visits are very efficient, I always leave there with all of my questions answered and feeling like I had their entire attention the whole time. It is truly a smooth running team there !”
~ Kristin G. – 8/1/18